Kagoshima City > Medical Insurance, Pension, Tax > Certificate of Tax Payment

Main content starts here.

Certificate of Tax Payment

In Japan, you may require a certificate of tax payment or a certificate of income in the following cases.

  • When changing your residence status
  • When enrolling your child in a childcare facility
  • When applying to take up residence in municipal housing

How to apply for a certificate of income

Please apply to the government office of the municipality in which you were living on January 1 of the relevant fiscal year.
You will need to provide identification documents and pay a fee.

  • Property Tax Division TEL 099-216-1180 FAX 099-216-1168

Other documents that demonstrate your income, etc.

A copy of your final return or your withholding form will also serve as proof of your income.